Managing Human Resources
Managing human resources in the nursing professional development (NPD) department involves many factors and is a major function of the NPD department head. Human resources (HR) incorporates the activities involved in managing personnel and includes such operations as
- recruiting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, promoting, retaining, and terminating staff
- planning staffing for departments
- managing employee relations
- coaching, educating, and developing staff
- analyzing jobs and developing position descriptions
- conducting competency assessments and performance appraisals
- engaging in succession planning (Finkelman, 2016; Gabel, 2013; Stiner-Chapman & Koch, 2013)
Allard, Patricia; Harper, Mary G.; and Smith, Charlene (2016). "Managing Human Resources." Leadership in Nursing Professional Development: An Organizational and System Focus , 134-168.
Please note that the Publication Information provides general citation information and may not be appropriate for your discipline. To receive help in creating a citation based on your discipline, please visit http://libguides.sjfc.edu/citations.
Charlene Smith is also co-editor of this book.
Find this book at your library.